Arnold turns 6 months old
My handsome boy turns 6 months old! Over the months, he had learned so much. For instance he…
- Knows how to respond to people’s emotions and often seem very happy
- Likes to play with others but is beginning to recognise people and will know if someone is a stranger
- Likes to look at himself at the mirror
- Responds to sound by making cooing sound
- Strings vowels together when babbling (“ah” and “eh”)
- Responds to his own name
- Make various sounds to show his joy and displeasure
- Begins to say consonant sounds (jabbering with “m” and “b”)
- Bring things to his mouth
- Shows great interest in all kinds of food
- Learns to clap his hands (he brings his left hand to his right)
- Roll over in both direction (front to back and back to front)
I’m lucky to be able to watch my children grow and to be with them as they explore this world. Ok, there is the lack of sleep, sick days, and frustrating days but I have never regret having them. There are good and bad moments. Sometimes I’m happy, sometimes I’m not so happy (but I’m never “no so happy” for long. All it takes is for them to break into laughter and my anger/frustration vanishes.) I couldn’t imagine going through life without feeling that spectrum of emotions. Feeling it all, good or bad, gives my life a purpose. I embrace motherhood!
It is easy to find joy in bringing my two little gems up. Little things, simple things, make me happy. Watching how Sonia tries to carry Arnold on her lap cracks me up! Yes, for Sonia to lift Arnold up is definitely a challenge – he’s now 8.5kg (and Sonia weighs just below 11 kg).
These loveable kids, my children; I can’t help falling in love with them over and over again.