Almost 7 months old
Arnold will turn seven months old in 10 days and here’s how he has progressed:
- He’s now getting much better at using his hands but is still unable to hold his milk bottle on his own.
- He’s able to clap!
- He loves to bounce. I stand him up on my knees and support him under the armpits, and bounce him up and down for as long as he wants to. This will strengthen his legs ready for walking.
- He can sit but only with support.
- He can pull objects closer and grab them steadily.
- He communicates with us through sounds, gestures and facial expressions. There are plenty of laughing and squealing.
- He responds to his own name and can distinguish emotions by tone of voice.
- Occasionally he babbled “mama”.
- He’s still drooling gallon of saliva and chewing anything within his reach. I offered him teething ring but still, he prefers his hands.
- Everyday, I set aside time for reading, even if it’s only for a few minutes. I believe that reading aloud to my children can boost their language development.